Monday, October 18, 2004


A Pattern Idea (or two)


For those who are still looking for patterns, here is a really cute and unique pattern from Debbie Bliss. Found in her Noro Collection 1 book is a bear made with 9 skeins of Noro Kureyon. How cute is this bear (scroll down the page to see photo and yarn requirements)?

Nbear_rabbit250

Also, let's thank Patti for pointing out another cute pattern, Bobbi Bear by Blue Sky Alpacas. This one calls for their own bulky yarn and is almost two feet tall! The pattern and yarns are available through any of the retailers listed on Blue Sky Alpacas's website.

Here's a photo of two Bobbi Bears, from Blue Sky's website:



Patternbobbixlg

And a kit for Bobbi can be ordered from Jimmy Beans Wool.



Fiber Trends also has a few felted bear patterns. There are the baby bears (scroll down the page to view) and the marigold bears. Very adorable!

Babymarigold

5 Comments:

At February 3, 2005 at 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to join you! I think I will order the pattern from blue sky alpacas, I think it is called bobby bear. I had been wanting to make him anyways, and I think a knitalong would help me to get moving!! Thank you for hosting!!

- patti

 
At February 3, 2005 at 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are also bear patterns in:
Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Simple Knits for Cherished Babies
Debbie Bliss Baby Knits Book
Interweave Knits Winter 1999/2000

And Bobbi Bear can be knit up with other, thinner yarns (for much less money, too) just by converting the few measurements in the pattern by using the row gauge.

Can you tell I'm SO in on the bear along? And congratulations on your pregnancies! My son is 3 1/2 months old and I sort of miss being pregnant already. :)

- Brynne

 
At February 3, 2005 at 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please sign me up! I have been wanting to make at least one of those Bobbi Bears, now I have the motivation too :) I'm off to buy a kit!

- Becca

 
At February 3, 2005 at 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to join the knitalong! Not sure about a pattern, yet. Will probably use one in The Knitted Teddy Bear book I got last week ....

- Vicki

 
At February 3, 2005 at 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to join too. I bought the Bobbi Bear pattern a few weeks ago.

- Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home