Thursday, October 21, 2004


Bobbi Bear Tip


Patti wrote us today to mention that she has heard of knitters using Lion Brand Thick and Quick to replace the primo-expensive alpaca yarn called for on the Bobbi Bear pattern. This is a great tip--thanks, Patti!

In fact, one could probably use any yarn desired (as mentioned by Brynne earlier) for any bear pattern and just end up with a smaller finished product. Since bears are bears, and not garments which need to fit a certain size, the suggested gauge is really just important if you want your finished bear to be exactly the same size as the pattern indicates. Katie J. had to substitute yarns for her bear, and her gauge is actually going to result in a slightly larger bear than her pattern indicates (just be sure to remind her of this when she starts knitting the bear's sweater).

We have some new knit-alongers and one crochet-alonger--welcome to all of the knitters and welcome to Leisel, who is crocheting a thread bear.

5 Comments:

At February 3, 2005 at 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to join the knit along. My Bobbi Bear pattern is in the mail right now but it might take a couple of weeks to get to me. If that's not to late a start date please sign me up! This is a great idea.

- Lizz

 
At February 3, 2005 at 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh oooh! Me too! I have been planning on knitting the Bobbi Bear for my niece for Xmas! Already have the pattern, still deciding on yarn, but should be started next weekend!

Thanks for starting this up! Cute idea!

Bearily yours,
sarah

 
At February 3, 2005 at 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to join the bear along as well! I'm actually making my teddy's from the Knitter's Stash book. They're super easy but if you drop a stitch it's pretty much impossible to pick it back up...novelty yarn! Thanks a lot!

- Erin

 
At February 3, 2005 at 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to join in too... I finished my Bobbi Bear proto-type last week and gave him away. He should be settling in comfortably into his new home in Arizona. I forgot to get a picture, so I'll have to ask the receiptant to take one of Bobbi and her. I used Wool-Ease and had a little Bobbi (not as small as the one I started with micro-spun).

For the final Bobbi, I want to use something a bit chunkier so I can have a bigger bear. I might be visiting an Alpaca farm near by to see what they have.

- Jenni

 
At February 3, 2005 at 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to join the bear-along, that is such a cute idea! I just ordered the noro pattern book and some kureyon for my bear. I should be starting soon.

- Keri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home